April 2, 2016
It was a challenging championship week in the Brackets for Good Louisville Tournament. Harding Shymanski Division Champion Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana lost in the Philanthropic Four to Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT). FEAT went on to take the tournament championship yesterday for the second year in a row – something that has not been done in the five-year history of the Brackets for Good Tournament. FEAT edged out Elevate in the final half-second of the round by putting up $7,000 in donations.
In its second year, the Brackets for Good Louisville Tournament raised $257,759 for the 64 local nonprofits represented. While FEAT won the tournament and the $10,000 Championship Donation, Healing TREE: Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment raised the most money with over $41,000 in donations in their five-week run. Overall, the tournament raised more than $1.3 million across 5 tournaments held in Indianapolis, Louisville, Ann Arbor, Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and St. Louis. Brackets for Good tournament leaders have announced plans to expand to Cincinnati in 2017.
March 28, 2016
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana won the Harding Shymanski Division Championship. A technical issue in the final minutes of the Engaged Eight on Friday night sent the eastern time zone teams into a 24-hour overtime period. The Boys & Girls Club team now faces the defending champion Families for Effective Autism Treatment (FEAT) in the Philanthropic Four. The round ends on Tuesday March 29, 2016 at 7:59:59 p.m Eastern. The winner will compete Wednesday through Friday April 1st for the Championship and an additional $10,000 donation.
March 25, 2016
Harding Shymanski Division Championship will be decided tonight as Louisville Ballet competes against the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana. Every dollar donated equals one point scored. The winner will represent the Harding Shymanski Division and compete in the Philanthropic Four for the $10,000 Tournament Championship Donation. Watch the matchup or make a donation before 8:00 p.m. Eastern time today to help crown the Harding Shymanski Division Champion!
Catch up on all the action from the Supported Sixteen and the Engaged Eight this week.
- Log in for the Engaged Eight Livestream Recap tonight at 8:30 p.m. Eastern.
- View the Louisville Bracket.
- Watch the Top 10 Nonprofit Plays of Supported Sixteen.
- See a replay of the LiveStream Supported Sixteen Round Recap Louisville Bracket at 06:22.
March 10, 2016
Round 2 of the Brackets for Good Louisville Tournament ends tomorrow at 8:00 p.m. Eastern – just over 24 hours away. The Harding Shymanski Division is off to a slow start this week. What will happen as the buzzer beater round approaches? There are some great matchups among our remaining competitors:
- Lifespan Resources v. Louisville Ballet
- Louisville Youth Choir v. Clean Socks of Hope
- Hosparus v. Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana
- Alzheimer’s Association Greater KY and So. IN Chapter v. New Directions Housing Corporation
An important part of the Brackets for Good Tournament is helping the nonprofit organizations raise awareness for their respective missions. Organizations across the tournament find creative ways to use social media to get the word out and stay in the game. Two Louisville nonprofits made the Top 10 Nonprofit Plays: Round 1 highlights.
Miss out on an important matchup? LiveStream BFG Recap Events are held every Friday night at 8:30 p.m. in the Eastern time zone for Louisville. Brackets for Good co-founders Matty McIntyre and Matt Duncan provide a recap of the week’s results for each division. See the Louisville Round 1 highlights (at the 9:14 mark).
Harding, Shymanski & Company, P.S.C. is proud to return as a division sponsor of the Brackets for Good Louisville tournament in 2016. The tournament begins on February 26, 2016, and ends with the Championship round on April 1st. Last year, the bracket-style tournament netted $262,925 for Louisville area non-profits.
The line-up for this year’s Harding Shymanski Division was announced on
February 12th and includes:
- Active Heroes v. Lifespan Resources
- St. Vincent de Paul Louisville v. Louisville Ballet
- The Salvation Army Louisville Area Command v. Louisville Youth Choir
- Goodwill of Southern Indiana v. Clean Socks of Hope
- Uspiritus, Inc. v. Hosparus
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana v. Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana
- American Heart Association v. Alzheimer’s Association Greater KY and So. IN Chapter
- Down Syndrome of Louisville v. New Directions Housing Corporation
Brackets For Good is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization based in Indianapolis, IN. Every March BFG hosts online, bracket-style fundraising tournaments in philanthropic communities around the United States. Participating nonprofit organizations compete to out-fundraise their opponents, earn increased exposure, and have a chance to win $10,000 by winning the tournament.
- View the bracket.
- Print the the bracket.
- Learn more about Brackets for Good.
- See highlights from last year’s tournament.